Saturday, June 28, 2008

Birthday Penguins


Here are two more cards I created for Birthday parties my kids were invited to. The first one (boy penguin) I made quick on Thursday morning for a party my son was going to. It was supposed to be at the pool, so I thought it would be perfect; however, weather got in the way and the party ended up being indoors. Oh well, the kids thought it was a cute card (and so did I)! Then, on Friday my daughter was heading to a birthday party and she really wanted to have the same card. Little did she know that I had a GIRL penguin. She was really happy with the resulting card and she got to help. I never would have come up with this color combo without Splitcoast's challenges. These colors worked great for a fun summer card. OH, and I got to use my new Nestabilities. What fun! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Scrap Happy said...

CUTE! I love penguins in general, and these are so adorable! You did a great job--and yes, the color combo is fantastic. Now I for sure need to get nestabilities!

LeAnne said...

These are sooooo cute---I love the technique you used with the embossing folders--it so looks like water & waves! What a great idea!
LeAnne