Saturday, June 28, 2008

Finally, I have a trade done!


It's been months since I have been able to participate in trades with my card club. I was determined to work something up this month since I've been borrowin my demo's WWC's for a few months now and haven't "given" her anything in return (although I have posted several cards).


The card I created was a case from a fellow SCS stamper Lisa S. You can view her card http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/959409


OK, so when I start cards for a trade, I always just make one first and then I worry about if I have enough stuff to make 10 cards. I know, I know. My mom did teach me when cooking you always need to make sure you have all the ingredients on hand before you start. Well, I'm a bit impatient and I like to dive into things. So, I came up with this card I thought would be nice and I loved the colors. Then when I saw I had 1 1/2 sheets of True Thyme, I figured, that'll be PLENTY. Well, it's NOT! Of course, I decided, you don't need to make the middle square since no one can see that anyway. Hmmmm, still not enough. Ok, so I can cut 2 squares in half and just make sure the center piece will cover the missing half of the 4 center squares. Yeah, great plan, let's proceed. Getting down to the last few cards. Uh oh, I STILL don't have enough. OK, well I had some scraps of True Thyme, maybe I can dig those back out of the trash and just make those 1/2 squares. That got me a few more, but I am still short. Gosh, what other colors can I substitute, let me look in my folders. By golly, I have 3 more sheets of True Thyme! All that stressing and skimping and I didn't need to after all!
Details:
Stamps - Touch of Nature, Baroque Motifs
Paper -
Base - 5 1/4 x 5 1/4
River Rock - 5 x 5
True Thyme Squares - 1 1/2" (use 6 squares - cut 2 in half for middle pieces)
Baroque Backgrounds DP squares - 1 1/4"
Basic Black - 3 1/4" sq (use left over from base)
Very Vanilla - 3 1/8" sq
Ink - True Tyme & Black Stazon
Other - Yellow and Orange WWC & blender pen

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, this is beautiful! I LOVE this sketch and I love the two stamp images together. So sad to see that butterfly retire....one of my favs.
LeAnne